John's Homemade Tomato Sauce
by John Mclaren
• 2 tbsp oil, ideally olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely grated or crushed
• 400g roughly chopped tomatoes
• ½ cup of water
• ½ tsp dried oregano, basil or mixed herbs
• ½ tsp caster sugar
• 1 tsp vinegar (balsamic is best)
"I love the challenge of working out what I am going to make each time as I nevquite know what I'm It makes me be more adventurous in my cooking rather than just buying my favourites"
— Box Scheme customer
Your first box is only a few clicks away. Get a box of fresh, local food in your kitchen soon,
packed with care and supporting your local farmers and artisan producers.